Saturday 16 August 2014

inspirations of the week - week one



I know ive been yet again away from the blogging world. I said when i started my blog that i would be blogging everyday|! but when i actually started to blog i realised that this isnt always possible as i have other life commitments. But i still try to blog as much as i can I have also been thinking of possible new posts i could do as part of weekly features so i decided to do things each week that inspire me because im always finding things whether there online or when im out and about that inspire me in everyday life almost in the strangest ways! whether it be in my work as a stylist or just typical fashion inspiration. So this is this weeks inspiration in pictures and a little trip inside my sometimes crazy and flamboyant mind and way of thinking. So heres my top 15 inspirations and ideas of the week. Hope you enjoy.


15. THE HAIR AND THE HATS 

yes as everyone knows im a massive vintage hat fan and wear a hat almost everyday! but lately ive been wanting to experiment and do more than just wear a hat i wanted to experiment with my hair and try different styles on my wear while wearing smaller pillar box style hats! and this photo inspired it!


14. LOVING COUTURE
i recently bought a new couture 1960s suite and when i saw this photo after wards it inspired me on different ways to experiment with dressing it up! and it also revitalised my ever growing love for long and midi length gloves.


13.FOREVER STANDING OUT

of course STANDING OUT everyday for me is another day of standing out. why blend in? when you can stand out especially in fashion. And seeing this image jsut reminded me of that and made me think even though people look at you in the street like on this photo. Maybe they are looking at you because your fabulous i know thia gorgeous lady in red is!


12.  BONKERS FOR TARTAN

just everything about this photo inspired me this week. I totally forgot how much i love and miss wearing tartan since the summers come its been hiding in the back of my wardrobe crying out to be worn. But seeing this im defiantly going to be digging myn out soon and wearing it again. And im thinking of wearing it all together in one go i mean you can never wear enough tartan? and not to forget this amazing but simple way of wearing the beret! its amazing so simple i would never have thought of it. So im definitely giving it ago after seeing this photo.


11. TURBANS

TURBANS ! turbans have always been something which i have loved wearing for years even before i started dressing vintage! but since finding this image at the beginning of the week of these amazing 1940s turbans i have fallen in love again! and have spent the week creating my own! similar to this! thank god for pinterest.


10. MORE AND MORE PLATFORMS

SHOES SHOES SHOES AND CARMEN MIRANDA, so i have always love shoes every girl does! and vintage shoes even more but seeing this photo of the incredible Carmen Miranda and all her amazing vintage platforms i am now on the hunt for some just like hers! and ive become obsessed with owning this many amazing pairs of shoes!



9. ADVANCED STYLE
ADVANCED STYLE! i have been reading the advanced style blog for years now and i still love reading it as much a i did back then! the women are just incredible and so is there sense of fashion and the way they know exactly who they are with no doubt! which is something which i hope to achieve way before i get to there ages! and i hope to still love fashion as much as they do when i get to that age. Also advanced style has recently been added to my following list on instagram and i am hooked even more! i look forward to seeing some incredible men and women showing off there sense of fashion and confidence every day!


8. MARILYN MONROE

MARILYN MONROE i have been literally addicted to watching Marilyn movies this week and realising each time how amazing and gorgeous she was! she will forever be an inspiration and a great beauty.


7. I LOVE LUCY

LUCILLE BALL! she is forever my main inspiration and since it was her 103rd birthday earlier this week it inspired me to look back at some of the old photos of her. Also i have has numerous comments on instagram telling me i look like her! well theres no better compliment than that!? the forever gorgeous Lucille Ball.


6. NOVELTY HATS

HATS HATS HATS i love hats as everyone already knows and finding this image has made me get out my most amazing and crazy hats this week! and also made me want to search the earth for this amazing vintage dog hat!


5. WOMEN OF THE FIFTIES AND MY GRAN

WOMEN OF THE FIFTIES! well looking back on the women of the 50s this week. Spent the day earlier this week looking through images from my grans photo album of her teenage days in the 50s and her ice skating days from 1952 to 57! which are always amazing to look at and always inspire me when ever i look at them! and im forever asking her everything about that era! forever my biggest inspiration.


4. BEDROOM ORGANISATION.
so i spent a large chunk of the week after looking at this photo of apparently Dita Von Teese's bedroom/dressing room tidying up my own room and finally organising my dressing table and organising my hats in a similar way.


3. SUITES ARE COMING BACK
its been to hot for vintage suites at the moment so myn have been gathering dust in my wardrobe for weeks. And even though its middle of the summer the heatwave seems to have cooled down and its cold enough for suits again so im making the most out of it and living in myn for the next few weeks. And seeing this photo made me realise how much i miss wearing myn.


2. THAT HAIR - LOOSE CURLS

i always say that i need to spend more time pin curling and setting my hair wearing it down more often like that. And seeing this photo has inspired me to start wearing myn down more often and setting it again for the summer months.


1. GAGA FOR GAGA

well of course my biggest inspiration of the week has got to be Lady Gaga. She is forever one of my biggest inspirations in life and fashion. She is fearless and isnt afraid to take a risk. She is forever my weeks biggest inspiration.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome list!!! There's enough here to inspire one for a year, let alone a week! I too am constantly captivated by many of these same things/themes/people - especially suits, hats, 50s gals and being really organized.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you via IG and I'm enchanted by your style and inspirations! Love your dressing table and hat display - glorious!

    ReplyDelete